Sunday, December 13, 2009

O Primeiro Nota

I've been in Brazil for four days and so far it's fantastic. The first few days the weather was cloudy and rainy, but it gave me a chance to explore the city and go for a run along the beach. It's beautiful here: The forest covered mountains nearly touch the white sandy beaches and the old colonial architecture is amazing.

However, I don't have too many pictures of this stuff yet, I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to walk the city and take pictures. I did go to Cristo Redentor (The giant Christ statue) yesterday and the trek up was amazing. I hiked with 7 other people for about two hours up the side of the
mountain. There were beautiful waterfalls and
the plants were incredible. Also, the weather has
been between 70 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit: I
love it

As for the pictures:
The first one is of a favela near Botafogo where I'm staying.

The second is a view of Rio from the Christ statue.

The third, ruins in the Tijuca nature reserve.

Fourth: All the people I hiked up to the statue with. From left to right: Ali, Andy, Mattie, Maggie, Montse and Thomas. The fifth picture


Fifth: Another view of rio.

Sixth: Cristo Redento.











































2 comments:

  1. That sounds so exciting. I'm jealous, espeically because I'm dealing with cold cold temperatures here in Chicago. Are you going to see some capoeira? (Maybe learn a few things too?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rio looks beautiful. This reminds me of something Mr. Wilde said: These days, money can buy us everything in life except for two things - love and adventure. Looks like you have adventure in the bag. Keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete