Wednesday, December 16, 2009

High Season

For anyone reading this looking to travel: Find accommodations ahead of time if you want a less stressful experience.

I decided to come to Brazil at the worst time to find housing: High season. Meaning many tourists and increased prices. I have e-mailed about 10 people, gotten 4 responses and have only looked at one room. Granted it doesn't help that I'm not fluent in Portuguese yet, but I probably should have looked ahead.

Places I looked for housing:

Easy Quarto
Craig's List

Anyway, the place I found is alright, a little dirty and about a twenty minute bus ride from the fun stuff and more than I really want to pay, but it's a place!

And tomorrow I'm going to ask if I can do work trade in the Hostel I'm in. It has been, by far, one of the best experiences of my life and I would love to continue it for as long as possible. If I get it, I could even afford to take a language course while I'm down here which would be amazing!

So, wish me luck.

Boa Noite,
-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment